As the new year swings into the end of it’s fourth month, more and more people are trying to find ways to keep their dinner table happy, including me! It has hit me, that my husband does not get the luxury of eating nice meals every night! So I took the liberty of finding some great meals and desserts that are simple to make, and the whole family will love them!
4 Ingredient Slow Cooker Chocolate Chip-Brownie Cake
Easy and Creamy White Chicken Enchiladas
Total Time:40 mins
- 6-8 corn tortillas (enchilada size)
- 1 pre-cooked plain rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 4 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided in half
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 – 10oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 – 4oz can chopped green chiles
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Fill the center of each tortilla with a handful of shredded chicken, a tablespoon or so of the corn, and a pinch of the shredded cheese.
- Roll and place in the bottom of a baking dish with the seam side down.
- In a pot over medium heat melt the better. Add flour and whisk into a thick paste.
- Add chicken broth, cream of chicken, sour cream, chiles, salt and pepper.
- Whisk gently for about 5 minutes until warm and smooth.
- Pour the sauce over the enchiladas and top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes and serve warm.
Mini German Pancakes
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. orange zest (optional)
1/4 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Blend first six ingredients (milk thru orange zest) in a blender. Be careful to see that any flour clumps get well-blended.
- Blend in butter a little at a time in order to temper the eggs.
- Grease muffin tins well and distribute batter evenly between 24 tins (I did more like 18. Gimme Some Oven’s tins were slightly less than half-full. I used a 1/4 cup measuring cup and filled it almost full.) Bake for 15 minutes, or until puffy and golden on top.
- Served with your favorite toppings. (Mine was a dusting of powdered sugar and triple berry sauce.
Green Beans, Chicken & Potateos
4 medium potatoes, cut
2 c. green beans, cut
1 lb chicken breasts
1/2 c. butter
1 package Italian dressing mix
1. Cut green beans up. Line one side of the pan with green beans.
2. Cut potatoes up. Line opposite side of pan with the potatoes.
3. Line the chicken breasts down the middle of the baking dish.
4. Cut butter up and layer over the green beans, potatoes and chicken. Sprinkle Italian dressing over the entire pan. Cover with foil.